Should I Rent or Buy A Trade Booth?
As a trade show marketer, you have two main options when it comes to trade show booths: you can rent one or buy one. There is no one-fits-all solution, as it all depends on your company’s needs.
How many exhibits are you in each year? Does your company attend multiple events at one time? Would you be happy with the same booth each time, or do you want the flexibility of something different?
Let’s go over the pros to renting and buying a trade show booth, and why a third option – a Custom Rental – might be the best of both worlds.
What are the Pros to Renting a Trade Booth?
- Less Capital. Since you are just renting the booth, you don’t have to actually buy anything, which reduces the need to account for a large capital expense.
- No Storage Fees. When the event is over, you are not responsible for covering storage costs.
- No Maintenance. In most cases, you are not required to complete repairs or maintenance on the booth. This frees up your resources and time.
- Always Exclusive. By giving your booth a new look and feel for each event, you can stand out from the crowd. Rented booths offer the flexibility to make constant updates, including size and layout.
How About the Pros to Buying a Booth?
- More Control. When you make the investment in a booth, you have more control in the long run. You don’t have to worry about an exhibit not being available, and you can have your booth built specifically for you.
- Long Term Investment. If you attend a lot of shows and use your booth regularly, the cost of buying it upfront will be less than renting.
- Consistent Brand Recognition. With your own booth, you have complete control over how your brand is represented. The consistency will make your brand recognizable, building trust and credibility.
Are There Any Other Options to Consider?
It’s clear that there are benefits to renting and buying a trade show booth, which is why it’s difficult for businesses to make a decision! As a company that creates highly engaging custom trade show booths, we feel that our customers can benefit from another option known as the Custom Rental.
A Custom Rental is very similar to a standard lease or rental, but there are variances among clients. Essentially, you can build whatever booth you want for your event without being committed to buying it outright. It’s the best of both worlds. You get a highly specialized exhibit that represents your brand without having to own and maintain it.
The cost of a Custom Rental is based on several factors and influenced by our multi-use agreement. Some of these factors include the total cost of construction, the number of times the exhibit will be used and options to terminate the booth or buy it from us.
If a Custom Rental sounds like something you might be interested in, give The Exhibit Company, Inc. a call. We’ll be happy to discuss your options and determine if a Custom Rental will accommodate your needs and budget.