The Traveling Exhibitor: Tips for Shipping Your Custom Exhibit Display From Show to Show
One of the brilliant advantages to purchasing a custom exhibit display is that you can use it over and over again. This cuts expenses, keeps your brand image consistent, and alleviates the burden of having to create new exhibits for each event. There is a hurdle, however, and that’s getting your custom display from show to show.
What many exhibitors end up doing is hiring trade show transportation. This service does cost money, but there are ways to keep costs in check. To ensure that your custom exhibit is shipped securely, on time, and affordably, here are a few tips to follow.
- Know who’s driving. Many carriers subcontract their freight to others who aren’t experienced in trade show freight. Do your homework and ask the right questions. Does the carrier have its own trucks and drivers? If not, who are they subcontracting with, and do the drivers have experience with trade show materials?
- Stack freight to save space. Opting for a taller vehicle can save money on transportation costs. Here’s why. Common-carrier trailers do not allow stacking but van lines do. By using a van line, you can stack your freight, take one vehicle, and cut costs.
- Condense small boxes. Each box that is sent to the trade show costs money, so watch your small containers. They can really add up! Rather than shipping promotional products, literature, and other small items in separate boxes, it’s best to purchase palletized boxes or “D containers” that can be stacked on the trailer.
- Map out your trade shows. Depending on the trade shows you plan on attending, it might make sense to ship your exhibit directly to the next event rather than back to your exhibit house. Many advance warehouses allow exhibits to be shipped and stored for free for 30 days.
- Contract your own transportation. If you decide to use your exhibit house’s transportation provider, be sure that they are doing their part to obtain several quotes and ask for discounts. Otherwise, you might save money by arranging transportation on your own.
Save Time, Money and Hassle with The Exhibit Company, Inc.
If you have a trade show exhibit custom-made by The Exhibit Company, Inc. you won’t be disappointed when it comes to transportation. Once your custom display is created, we will deliver it to where it needs to go!
Unlike shipping carriers that simply unload and leave, our professionals will be on-site the day of your event to make sure that everything runs smoothly. Our customers are provided with 24-hour access so that all preparations can be tracked in real time. Spend your time talking to potential leads, developing relationships, and enjoying the trade show. Let us handle the rest.
To learn more about creating a custom exhibit with The Exhibit Company, Inc. and having it delivered to your event, call us today.